Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Damascus Razor – The Box For It

 

I figured I should make a box for this one. After all, it is not a cheap razor. I’m still not very good with the boxes as I am with the razors, but I’ll get there. This one has dovetail joints and is made out of African Amazique wood. I put an escutcheon oval out of sterling silver on one end with the engraved name of the new owner.

I did not include photos of that to protect the innocent from being bonked on the head by his little Mrs. Word gets around, y’know. If any of y’all want to know how to make your own boxes, leave a comment here and I’ll see if I can put that task on my plate of things to do.

damascus 038x1024  damascus 041x1024

damascus 042x1024  damascus 051x1024

damascus 053x1024  damascus 055x1024       

7 Comments:

Anonymous richmondesi said...

Definitely, I'd like to learn how you make those boxes. You know, when you have a chance

5:28 PM  
Anonymous keenedge said...

I would definitely like to learn more about how you made this box.
Thanks,
Kent

1:34 PM  
Anonymous nacogdochespipes said...

Box construction info would interest me too.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Bill, Please show us how to make one of these great looking boxes.

-Bong

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Box, razor, knife, barber pole, whatever you happen to be working on at the time, when you feel like doing it. You name it, cause I was raised in a shop and I'd like to see the work and hear what you have to say about it.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of the box, how about ressurecting an older idea - Pinning Scales 101. It would be a nice finish to the Making Scales 101 series.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bill this is a great blog for people who want to replace their old bakelite scales.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home